Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Jackass Review

Aren't you readers lucky - a second review this week and I've already got my review for next week written and loaded.

And now your feature presentation...a Jackass review.


Jackass 3D
Starring: Johhny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Steve-O, Chris Pointus, Preston Lacey & Wee Man
Released: October 15, 2010

I can't remember what movie I was watching when I initially saw the trailer for Jackass 3D but I can remember that I was instantly excited by the idea. As a fan of Jackass from the moment it started to air in Canada and a huge fan of the new 3D technology(I think the visuals are just stunning) this seemed to be the movie for me and I told everyone who would listen that this movie would be soon be coming out.

Last night I went to see Jackass with my two favorite Jackasses: my Dad and my Brother. Right before I entered the theater I did have a moment of hesitation as I wondered what the odds were of me actually throwing up while watching the boys of Jackass perform their "stunts". My fear was that while watching Jackass in the past I have had my gag reflex kick in and now I was going to be experiencing  all of that in the third dimension. Somewhat reluctantly I sat down to enjoy the show.

The movie opens with a cameo from two classic MTV celebrities: Beavis and Butthead which was a pleasant surprise. After that the movie starts and the insanity begins. The gentlemen then go about hurting themselves and each other, which is exactly what you the viewer came for.

I will not go into detail about the stunts or pranks preformed because to me thats like telling the punchline of a perfectly crafted joke before the set-up and that is what Johnny Knoxville and company have become: a perfectly crafted joke. The Jackass guys know their audience and deliver perfectly. The movie is crude and foul and not for the weak stomached(you will gag during this movie) and they do integrate the 3D technology very well(too well during some scenes). But you will also laugh from beginning to end and that, my fellow clown idolizers, is worth the price of admission.




No comments:

Post a Comment